Thursday, March 12, 2009

DID I SAY THAT?


This is the prom dress I made Lindsay in 2004.


Tuesday evening, J and I were sitting at the computer. She had found the prom dress of her dreams. A great buy at $129 but it is way over in China - 2-3 weeks delivery for a dress that would need to be altered to make modest and prom is in 2 weeks. She looked over at me with those pleading brown eyes and then something took over my body and brain and I heard these words coming out of my mouth. . . "lets just go get a pattern and make it." Oh no, did I really just tell my baby daughter that I would make her a prom dress? How quickly I forgot the prom dress week with Lindsay, working full time and making a prom dress in one week late into the night!!!! So now I am in it up to my neck and maybe soon to be over my head! We went to Hancocks yesterday and found all the fabric, netting, pattern, thread - and what the heck is boning? Anyway here we go. Honestly I am really really excited - - not to mention a baby blessing dress is in the works too. Pics will be posted . . . . soon I hope. Oh and for all you couponing queens out there - total bill for the dress . . . $84!

2 comments:

The Perry's said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Lisa said...

I remember that dress and all the hours it took you to make it! I remember Lindsay going to the prom and watching her go. Those were good days!