Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dream Car?





Many might know the history . . . . . Datsun 240 Z comes out just as I am turning 16 . . . turns out to be one of the most popular "girl" cars of the 70s. Dad in one of his brilliant moments makes a deal with me. "Make it to age 24 single and I will buy you one." Ironic, Ken and I met and married when I turned 23 1/2. Don't know if dad had even remembered the deal. Anyway, 30 years later, I have never even ridden in a 240 Z until . . . . YESTERDAY. Mark brought Jim's Z home last night and agreed to take his old mamma on a ride. As we flew down the road, wind blowing in my hair, I kept thinking, "I wouldn't trade my life for ANYTHING . . . ." Glad I met Ken, glad we have Spencer, Rob, Jill, Caleb, Mark, Lindsay, Cody, (_____), J. Fun ride, but made exquisite just having Mark there with me, even if he resisted having his picture taken.

No comments: