Friday, October 3, 2008

ODE TO . . . CAKE!!!!!

I can still taste it . . . sitting on Quinn's trunk lid. Lemon, lemon, lemon in all it's flavors, textures and glory. Would've put those fancy shmancy Market Street Grill desserts to shame. That's why they wouldn't let us bring it in for Jacque's party. We know the truth! So we just had our own tailgate party in the parking lot with all looking on . .. envious. It will get me through this long winter of NO SWEETS. Yes, it's true. Me and sis are on a SWEET RETREAT until the Christmas Holidays are over. No candy corn, no popcorn balls or donuts, no pumpkin pie or cookies, no trifles or truffles, no orange sticks, peppermint sticks or dipped pretzel sticks. No colds or flu or sinus infections either (we hope). That memory of lemon cake will see us through. Mmm Mmm Mmm!

1 comment:

arah said...

stop...your making me hungry with all the goody talk. I'll be nursing, so I guess I can afford a few extra calories...right?